Fulgida moon of January, huge stream of eternal light,
insensitive to the woman I want Bring her a message you.
...
Go and tell him a moment, since the dawn we broke up,
not erase me thinking, I or away from the heart.
Dear members and partners:
We are back from vacation, our kings majos Veronica and Jose have kept the property well and cleared several acres of beans ... everything is white outside. Traces of deer and rabbits crossing the road to the farm. The growing lunita chairs the dawn.
Nothing, no way to cut the spinach ... still sleeping tapaditas. I hope that next week the snow is removed and we can. This time we had to play with the snow. First, on Friday fought Inma sleet and snow to get the carrots before things got worse. And yesterday we were playing touch, deep, to find cabbages in white checkerboard, as you see in the pictures. And to complete your boxes I've put the first batch of beans with the corresponding jar of pickled peppers and recent chorizo \u200b\u200bpeppers, garlic for your winter soups.
In the last picture you see some of the beans that you have shared. There was of
all for everyone, so that each type will be played. Is that this year we tested to see how they behave in different varieties field. The mature rice well but I think the discard because it filters through the sieve of the threshing, the grain is too small. The white kidney not here as well as in its area of \u200b\u200borigin, on the moor Leon. Here cycle is too long for the short summers we have, it costs to feed dry and locked after the threshing. The yellow tempranera lengthened several years I've been growing and mature very quickly, so that fits well here, I do not know if you like.
The people here call "Toulouse" Red Dwarf pint is actually one more (I've been maintaining for several years) of many similar grown in the orchards of this area. It looks like the "Paint Alava" but is a bit larger.
In large boxes we have the variety of Juarros Ibeas "cultivated by us from seed from Ibeas. Local variety is greatly appreciated
in Burgos.
This year we harvested more beans, and to send you another Kilito later. If you want you can comment on the beans, please indicate the variety that you have touched.
Moreover, we have cultivated a variety of Dwarf, cream with red spots and black genuine Toulouse, who have done very well and I hope to grow in number next year (I keep the whole crop for seed) to see if the taste and texture are as good as in their hometown.
cabbage, crushed type, I recommend that probeis salad, cut into thin strips and seasoned like lettuce. After these heavy frosts are very tender and sweet. It will also cooked or steamed with garlic fried beans cooked accompanying ... but do not fail to try it in salad. Finally, we have sent you a mint matita, roots, in case you want to plant it in a pot or in ground, outdoors. Just to let a bit of stem and leaf out and some wet mantengáis. Rooted easily and spring will have a shock from which to take take a razor blade for seasoning.
I wanted to tell something about La Vía Campesina and what happened in Copenhagen, how farmers can reduce fever the planet ... but I realize that may be necessary to first clarify some things. For some of you what we do is organic farming. But it is something else. Years ago, my question was: is farming conventionally or organically ? and my practical how to avoid aphid, how to pay, from whom to learn.
But over the years, including the importance of how it pays and how to prevent weeds, my key question now is: peasant agriculture or agribusiness? Understand the intricacies of the global food system, our contradictions, do we support with each act of cultivation, purchase or supply. Another day we
clarifying concepts, the task now lies ahead in the field. Although increasing the moon, we have three days yet descending moon in January and we're going to prune fruit trees.
Scissors and waterproofs, good morning to rain on snow.
Happy New Year.
0 comments:
Post a Comment